1. Brown ground beef in a stock pot with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.
2. In separate skillet, sauté onions and celery (and peppers, if desired) until caramelized.
3. Add onions and celery to seasoned beef and add all tomato products.
4. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
6. Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and green onions.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable
Phase III Variation: Replace 2 cans of tomatoes with Muir Glen Chipotle Pepper Tomatoes. This flavor has a little bit of sugar, so it should not be used in Phases I or II.
This recipe freezes well.